NB: The deadline for this position has now closed
CINEON Training is looking for someone to join its small, but growing team, at our studio just outside Exeter, to help us develop a next generation of immersive training simulations for high-risk industries.
We are looking for a games designer/developer who is eager to work with new technologies to deliver high quality immersive simulations with a team that values hard work and creativity.
Candidates should have experience in Unity and/or Unreal (preferably both), with some knowledge of VR production and 3D design, and a desire to become part of a team that is working in an exciting field.
Cineon Training was formed two years ago following a collaboration with the University of Exeter, and we specialise in taking cutting edge research and using it to create virtual reality training environments based around high-hazard situations.
Our clients are based across the UK and Europe and come from a range of industries such as power generation, military, oil and gas, and sport.
You should have a relevant graduate qualification and experience of working in the field. We are particularly looking for someone who has an appreciation for design and knowledge in programming/scripting.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
What we are looking for:
- A dedicated and talented individual wanting to be part of a growing company with willingness to learn and develop with us
- A graduate with experience in Unity and/or Unreal development (preferably both)
- Experience of developing game play mechanics and is familiar with games production pipeline
- Has the ability to write game design documents and has an understating of how to scope a project
- Some experience of Virtual Reality development
- A strong portfolio of work
- Good time management skills, working to deadlines but with a high level of attention to detail and commitment to delivering work to the highest standard
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to deliver your ideas
- Design experience would be advantageous
These skills would also be of benefit:
- Experience in AutoDesk products for 3D/CAD design such as 3DS Max or similar
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of C++ and/or C#
- Knowledge in Android development and experience in working with Oculus Quest/Go
What we can offer:
- An initial 6 month contract with the potential for a full-time contract after this time.
- £18k-£25k salary (dependent on experience) with pension plan and holiday.
- The opportunity for part-time or flexible working if required.
Closing date Friday, August 2nd. We intend to hold interviews shortly after the closing date with a view to immediate start.
Send your CV with covering letter, and link to portfolio if possible, to: email@example.com